Monday, December 13, 2010

How to: Long Distance Inspired Save The Dates

After much browsing thru martha stewart's many many save the date tutorials, and coming up empty handed and uninspired, I began just searching various websites for ideas. FH (future hubby) and i have always had a long distance relationship, at one point there was an ocean separating us! we wanted our save the dates to reflect that in some way. so while browsing for ideas i found this airmail inspired save the date:
we fell in love with the look of it! but putting brown packaging paper thru the printer seemed too daunting a task. so to make our save the date's, i used the blank business card template in microsoft excell and began typing away and editing our own save the date. i printed the envelope template from Ruffled Blog onto plain white copy paper and used elmer's glue sticks to stick together. here's our business sized card:




I used Publisher to make these, then printed envelopes like above. Sadly I sent them out before taking a pic, I'll upload one should I make more. My only regret is not making them more "save-able" per se. By laminating them or making them into a magnet or bookmark or something worth keeping. i love the simple design that hints at our travel theme. But I wish I'd made it more of a keepsake. Oh well, live and learn.

Cost:
Cardstock $4.72
White computer paper: $3

No comments: