Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DIY Travel Theme Bridesmaid Gifts

I saw these super cute little wooden suitcases at Michael's and snatched them up!




I'm still not sure what to put in them. Probably some type of jewelry. Since our wedding theme is vintage travel i decided to go with the flow. First I used acrylic to paint each little suitcase with a retro esque color. I really wish I'd used turquoise!



then i used antiquing medium to stain and age it



I then found some travel stickers via Google images. Downloaded and printed on regular copy paper and mod podged it to one side of each suitcase
and that's it! my cute little suitcases! i think i might use a bit of brown craft paper to make a "thank you" or name tag for each, then attach with jute or twine. the future hubby loves them. and i'm oh so pleased. the inside is painted black, but i'm thinking i might put a piece of felt in it. I'll post again when the real gift is inside!

No comments: